Dwight Ramos Brother Eli Ramos Is Inspired By Him

Dwight Ramos has a younger brother named Eli, who is equally, if not more, passionate about basketball as he is.

The Ramos brothers share a very close bond and always look upon one another.

The younger Ramos followed in the footsteps of his elder brother and is pursuing a career in basketball.

Eli hopes that one day, he will become as good as his brother, Dwight.

Dwight Ramos, born September 2, 1998, is a Filipino-American professional basketball player who plays in the Japanese B. League for Levanga Hokkaido.

He attended Walnut High School and played basketball under the head coach Joe Khouzam.

While still in high school, he was contacted by coach Tab Baldwin to recruit him to play at Ateneo de Manila University.

He attended the Fullerton campus of California State University but later went to play for the Ateneo Blue Eagles and won the Philippine Collegiate Champions League.

His professional journey started with Toyama Grouses of the Japanese B.League, forgoing his final year of college eligibility.

In May 2022, he joined Levanga Hokkaido and signed a contract extension on June 6, 2023.

Moreover, he has also represented the Philippines national team, making his debut in February 2020 during the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifier.

Dwight Ramos Brother Eli Ramos Is A Collegiate Athlete

Eli Ramos is the younger brother of professional basketball player Dwight Ramos.

Eli attended Walnut High School and was a member of the boys varsity basketball team.

After graduating high school in 2019, the 6-foot-3 guard initially committed to play for the Ateneo Blue Eagles but got transferred.

The Titan Management Group confirmed Eli’s decision to play for the Soaring Falcons following his mysterious exit from Ateneo.

Just days before the UAAP Season 84 Men’s Basketball Tournament opens on March 26, rookie Eli Ramos decided to explore his options and leave Ateneo.

He only played in preseason tournaments for the Blue Eagles, including the 2020 PCCL Championship.

Eli made this decision after consulting with his family, notably his brother Dwight, who was in town for the 2023 FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers.

Nonetheless, his performance shines with any team he joins. Now, the only question remains: Can he surpass his older brother’s achievements?

Besides, the Ramos brothers also have a younger sister who might follow in their footsteps.

Dwight Ramos Inspires His Younger Brother Eli Ramos

Having an elder brother who has a similar passion is a blessing. Eli, whose elder brother is a professional basketball, did not have to look far for inspiration.

Eli’s elder brother, Dwight, has always been his role model. He is always seen speaking highly of his elder brother.

“My brother’s my role model. He taught me everything I know, I talk to him every day, we’re super close and I wouldn’t be here without him,” Eli said.

“Everything I have is because of him. I’m really grateful to have a big brother like that and hopefully I can be as good as him one day but if not, I’m cool with that.”

Moreover, he also expressed his dream to watch his brother play in the World Cup, who is playing for the Philippines national team in the 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

ncG1vNJzZmionJbGpr7Sm6CoZpOkunCw1qKeoaxdp66uu9JmmaunpJ2ys3nEpaBmqpGivLR5yKxkoqajpbazscNmmbJlmJ66cA%3D%3D